Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A new year, another post

Welcome 2014!

You know, one of my favorite reflections to do when the year ends is to look back and think of all the wonderful--and awful-- things that have happened to me over the past year.

2013 was one hell of year for me.

I graduated.
I moved to what I affectionately call "the hovel" aka, a my first post school home.
I started an internship and freelanced.
I went to Burma.
I was nominated for a bunch of fellowships.
I was then rejected by all of the fellowships I applied for.
I partied more than I ever did in college.
I watched more TV than I ever did in college.
I started doing pilates, running, and being more active.
I applied for jobs.
I was rejected from jobs.
I won awards.
I got my first job.
I joined sports teams.
I climbed a mountain.
I swam in the Potomac.
I moved out of the hovel.
I made new friends.
I saw old friends move away.
I was frustrated.
I over analyzed everthing.
I laughed so hard my stomach hurt.
I went gluten-free.
I was overjoyed.
I cried.
I felt old.
I felt young.
I felt alive.
I was... just 22.

Sometimes, I need to look back and see all of the things I've done when I've lost sight of the awesomeness that's in the world around me.

Bring it on 2014.

2 comments:

  1. The blog is wholeheartedly fantastic. allotments of large data and inspiration, both of which we all need. Thanks.
    by MGT 311 Final Exam Provider

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also bookmarked you for ascertaining out new posts. thanks for displaying my commentaryary in your site.Old Age Home in Coimbatore, Charitable Trust in Coimbatore

    ReplyDelete