Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The best is yet to come

As I'm typing this, my computer is slowly dying. I think my wonderful MacBook Pro is reaching its last legs after four loyal, wonderful years of creative adventures in life.

'Tis the cycle of life, I guess.

You know, lately I've been thinking about that a lot lately. The cycle of life, I mean. And just how fragile and wonderful life is.

I'm working pretty intensely on a big project that is going to run over Veterans Day weekend about war coverage, so I've essentially spent the last month looking and and studying images and film of the wars of the 20th and 21st centuries.

 Sometimes, I feel guilty with how I feel when I look at these images. The photographer in me sees these images, these photographically beautiful images, of such terrible, horrific things. And I'm emotionally torn. The beauty and the juxtaposition of what the images are actually of pulls me in two complete different emotional positions.

 But mostly, I think how lucky I am to have never had live or visit an area of the world that is so broken, so torn by conflict.

 Maybe some day, I should visit one of those places. Maybe I should understand the pain, and horrible agony behind the images that move me.

But for now, I'll look at the images. And pray for the people torn by the agony that moves me.

4 comments:

  1. I just stumbled upon your blog and liked to say that I have actually enjoyed reading your blog mails..
    by ACC 205 Week 4 provider

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been browsing online more than 3 hours as of late, but I never discovered any fascinating article like yours. It is pretty price sufficient for me. Personally, if all webmasters and bloggers made excellent content as you did, the internet will likely be a lot more useful than ever before. “I thank God for my handicaps, for through them, I have found myself, my work and my God.” by Hellen Keller.
    Top Five Firefox Add-ons – You will love these

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a pleasant article..Its very very simple to understand ..And this article is utilising to discover certain thing about it..
    by MGT 311 Individual Assignment provider

    ReplyDelete
  4. really i quite impressed! Very useful information. Great Post and very good articles.
    Courier Services in Qatar, Parcel Services in Qatar

    ReplyDelete